Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Google Finance

I was reading Google Blogoscoped and there was an article about Google Finance.
Google has done it again. They have taken something boring and hard to use (think MSN money) and made it simple, fast, and easy. Not necessarily that best looking, but still a clean interface.

Just to try it out, I punched in 'GM' to see what it would give me. When the page loaded, I saw far more information than I had expected. There was a graph showing their stock price and a letter corresponding to an event relating to the company. They had company facts, related companies, and company summary among the many sections. A feature I found particularly interesting is a list of the company's upper management with an unusual feature. When you put your mouse over a name/position, a small box comes up that tells you more about the person.

No comments: